Saint James Gerrards Cross

“…a thriving church with a range of different styles situated on the A40. We strive to be a welcoming and loving community of people who follow Jesus.”

History of Saint James, Gerrards Cross

Saint James Gerrards Cross was originally built in 1859 by two sisters, Anna and Louisa Reid, as a memorial to their brother. Their aim was to provide a place of worship for the residents of those who lived in scattered dwellings around the common, and along what was the main London to Oxford road (now the A40). With the arrival of the railway at the beginning of the 20th century the population of Gerrards Cross grew rapidly from several hundred to several thousand. A flourishing church grew to reach out and serve the spiritual needs of this expanding community. The present building is in the shape of a Latin cross and its Byzantine appearance created quite a stir in 1859 while the country was still in the throes of the Gothic revival.

In 2012 we re-ordered Saint James Gerrards Cross, Here is a video slideshow of the church over the years.

Saint James Fulmer

Contact the Church Office, Saint James Gerrards Cross with Fulmer, for more information.


  • Saint James Church
    Oxford Road
    Gerrards Cross
    SL9 7DJ

© The Two Saint James - 2020